Learn about the role control systems play in the transformation of your business.
|Duration||Delivery||Course Type||Next Intake||PD Hours||Language|
Available year round
Up to 7
This on-demand course discusses the rapid developments in control systems along with how they are becoming digital transformation enablers in the minerals processing industry. Control systems are the nerve centre of a minerals processing operation and key to a successful digital transformation. There have been radical changes in digital technology over the last few years, with the wide deployment of AI and the increasing use of cloud, edge and smart sensing technologies. There has also been a lot of hype, but one thing that has remained constant is that control systems are evolving rapidly to realise the real benefits these new technologies can provide.
Enrolments now open
Available year round
Who should attend?
Understand control systems
Learn best practice to design effective systems
Control systems engineers
Transform business practices
By undertaking this on-demand course you can expect to learn what a control system is, the types of systems available and the best choice for your application. You will also learn how to:
- Design a control system to meet the requirements of your process
- Specify control system requirements for an RFQ
- Build a robust control strategy to optimise production
- Create an environment where operators can carry out their work efficiently, with full and unambiguous information, enabling timely and effective decision making
- Improve operation efficiency using AI technologies
- Deploy edge devices as part of an IoT platform that builds on your digital transformation strategy
- Develop an understanding of edge device functionality in order to create solutions to your asset and process problems
- Select the right cloud environment for your requirements, and apply it to typical site issues and requirements
- Specify control system requirements to meet the needs of your plant
- Provide flexibility in the RFQ to allow latest technologies to be provided
- Successfully deploy a complete AI solution on your plant
This on-demand, self-paced course is delivered via a series of videos, supported by a number of written resources. A range of activities is included to apply your learning as you work your way through the course. We recommend allowing around 7 hours to complete the course, but you will have access to the platform for six months.
View course brochure
The Future of Process Automation
All programs have been developed in consultation with leading organisations in the mining industry, subject matter experts and community leaders to ensure you gain the latest knowledge and develop relevant skills to accelerate your career.
Frequently asked questions
What are the technical requirements to participate in the course? i.e. do I need a webcam, microphone, etc?
The course will be run entirely online via a cloud-based Learning Management System (LMS) which can be accessed via computer, tablet or phone. Participants will simply need to have a working Internet connection and a computer, tablet or phone with sound to access the course.
How long will the course take?
The full course is estimated to take about 7 hours of learning. Participants will have access to the course platform for six months to complete all modules.
Will the course be delivered in other languages?
At the moment, the course will only be delivered in English.
Does someone have to have a prequalification of years’ experience before they can do the course?
No pre-qualification needed but the course is aimed at mining professionals who have a certain level of working experience and knowledge.
How many PD hours do I receive for undertaking the course?
Participants can earn professional development (PD) hours for undertaking the course. One contact hour of technical content is equivalent to one PD hour.