Connecting mining professionals through a unique mentoring program
Are you looking for career guidance and direction? Would you like to develop goals with an experienced professional who has been where you are now? Or are you an industry leader looking to share your knowledge and help others by becoming a mentor?
As the peak body representing all professional backgrounds in the mining sector our mentoring program is thriving and impactful driving rich learning and development for both mentees and mentors. This online program connects experienced resources professionals with new talent via a digital tailored platform, providing accessibility and opportunity regardless of location encouraging a breath of diversity in participants.
Through a comprehensive matching process, this program supports professionals with career guidance and direction by sharing experiences, developing career goals and fostering mentoring relationships beyond the program’s duration. It is open to men and women living and working in Australasia.
- Receive career guidance and support from a sector leader
- Widen your network and make industry connections
- Learn from a mentor who is invested in your career
- Design career goals with an external confidante
- Receive Professional Development (PD) accreditation
- Exposure to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Share experience and industry knowledge to nurture the next generation of mining leaders
- ‘Give back’ to the resources industry
- Exposure to fresh perspectives, ideas and approaches
- Opportunity to reflect on your own goals and practices
- Expand your own personal leadership and coaching style
- 8 February 2021: Mentor and mentee registrations open
- 16 February 2021: Free live cast Information Session Webinar, 1.00pm AEDT
- 17 March 2021: Mentor and mentee registrations close
- 20 April 2021: Program launches (mentee and mentor live webinar)
- 7 December 2021: Program concludes
- Member: $999 (exc GST)
- Non-member: $1,500 (exc GST)
Mentor involvement is a voluntary commitment
Who can apply?
To join as a mentee, you must:
- Have a strong interest in developing your career
- Currently be working in the resources industry
- Formally reside in Australasia
To join as a mentor, you must:
- Have worked more than 10 years in the resources sector
- A desire to support career growth for the next generation of mining professionals
- Formally reside in Australasia
Program participants are required to attend program live webinars and complete the training provided
2020 participant feedback
The AusIMM mentoring program is probably one of the most well-structured programs that I have been involved in.
I was matched perfectly with my mentor. The program guide is excellent. There is a lot in there and it provides a great framework to leverage and guidance on how to conduct a professional mentor/mentee relationship to get the most out of the program.
Progressing from mentee to mentor I have seen both sides of this program and I really feel it has such a positive impact on both the mentees and mentors. The expectations are clearly outlined at the start and easy to work with. Thank you so much for this opportunity.
I have been waiting for some time for an opportunity to participate in a mentoring program such as this one. Having a structured and formal mentoring program, with the training, and to be matched with a mentor has been amazing. My mentor was excellent.
96% agreed that they were “well matched with their mentor/mentee”
96% felt that they “had a quality relationship with their mentor/mentee”
81% had formed new networks as part of the mentoring program
Become an AusIMM mentor or mentee
Partnership mentoring opportunities
We invite companies to partner in this sought-after program which offers significant opportunities for men and women in various stages of their career.
Through a mentoring partnership, position your company as a champion of professional development and industry excellence and align your organisation with AusIMM as the trusted voice of the mining industry. Your commitment will enhance substantial professional opportunities and demonstrate a respect and responsibility for the future of the resources sector.