AusIMM COVID Safe events
AusIMM COVID Safe events
Health and safety are paramount at AusIMM
To help ensure the health and wellbeing of attendees and ensure a safe environment at our in-person events, AusIMM will be implementing COVID-Safe initiatives.
- In line with Government COVID regulations and for safe attendance, we request that all attendees have an ‘up to date' vaccination status.
- Proof of vaccination or a valid medical exemption will be requested when registering onsite and/or for entry in conference venues.
QR Check in and record keeping
- In accordance with individual State Government guidelines, attendees will be required to follow QR check in requirements.
- As per Terms and Conditions, there is to be no sharing of registrations or name badges to enable AusIMM to maintain accurate attendance and COVID reporting
- In accordance with individual State Government guidelines, attendees will be required to follow mask wearing requirements.
- Event capacity and physical distancing will align with the State Government and venue density limits.
- Encourage other forms of communication to help limit certain actions like handshakes or high-fives that are common at many events.
Hygiene and cleaning
- Work with venues on increased cleaning and having sanitiser available.
- Where possible, provide instructions on proper hand hygiene onsite at events.
- Introduce contactless processes, such as QR code scanning for name badges at registration and implement the reduction of high touch materials.
Wellbeing of attendees
- We will follow all Federal and State Government guidelines along with public health advice on current COVID-19 restrictions.
- If attendees have any symptoms of COVID-19 or are unwell in any way, we ask that they please follow Government advice, including to seek medical attention, get tested and isolate.
- Ask attendees to reconsider their attendance at the event if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had direct contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 recently.
- Where possible, display signage outlining COVID-19 requirements (such as mask wearing) at events.
For the latest advice and information, please visit the Australian Government Department of Health website and/or the State Government’s Department of Health website for your state. Individual State Governments may have additional vaccination mandates which apply for those working in critical and/or high-risk industries.
WA - www.health.wa.gov.au
TAS - www.health.tas.gov.au
NSW - www.health.nsw.gov.au
QLD - www.health.qld.gov.au
NT - www.health.nt.gov.au
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the AusIMM events team at email@example.com.