Webinar: Tailings Management 101
In this webinar you will learn the basics of tailings management, including the implications of the GISTM for your business, which will make you more able to accommodate its requirements and to meet community expectations.
About this event
This webinar is directed to the full range of professionals, managers and operators with some involvement in and responsibility for tailings management.
Topics covered will include:
- Why and how are tailings produced?
- Drivers of and approaches to tailings management globally
- Selected tailings dam failures, highlighting the technical causes of the Fundão and Brumadinho tailings dam failures
- How has the mining industry got to this point?
- The Global Industry Standard on Tailings Management, ALARP, and the next steps for Operators and their Consultants
- Preferred operation of a tailings storage facility
- Potential contamination from tailings
- Barriers to implementing innovative tailings management
- Future of tailings storage facilities
Professor David Williams
Professor of Geotechnical Engineering
Date and Time
4.00pm – 5.30pm (UTC+10:00)
Non Members $30.00