Assessing net zero decarbonisation pathways in the mining industry
Join us online for the webinar series Net zero: The mining sector’s decarbonisation journey. The is the third webinar of the series. We will discuss "Assessing net zero decarbonisation pathways in the mining industry", presented by Cle-Anne Gabriel.
About this event
The science and climate risks identified by the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), requires immediate action to reducing global warming. AusIMM’s Social and Environment Society Net Zero webinar series aims to play a role in delivering professional development to resources sector professionals, to help build the capability to catalyse and accelerate the required climate action.
Expert speaker will provide participants an overview of:
- Defining what Net Zero target you are going for (I.e. net zero of what year, by when and Scope 1, 2 & 3 emissions or just 1 & 2?
- Identification and prioritisation of decarbonisation pathways
- Use of carbon shadow pricing
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable electricity and battery storage
- Diesel displacement in mobile fleet – battery electric, hydrogen fuel cell etc
- Digital transformation as an enabler
- Carbon capture and offsetting
- Current R&D consortia
- The balance between investing in technology and waiting for technology to become viable options for carbon reduction
Date and Time
12.00pm – 1.00pm (UTC+10:00)
Non-Members - $30