Australian Mine Ventilation Conference 2022
10 - 12 October 2022
Welcome to the Australian Mine Ventilation Conference 2022
The Australian Mine Ventilation Conference 2022 is the opportunity to promote safe ventilation practices to improve the productivity and safety of mines. By sharing and disseminating the knowledge gained from operations in Australia and around the world we can assist in the provision of the raw materials needed.
The message is still the same in that ventilation controls form many of the effective management of core risk activities in mines. The recognition of this has brought about the requirement of the position of Statutory ventilation officers in both coal and metalliferous mining sectors in Australia. Coupled with this is the re-emergence of pneumoconiosis in mine workers. These and other factors should provide the incentive for all underground operations to contribute strongly to this conference. Significant developments in practice and research in recent years have helped ensure we maintain and improve levels of safety within our underground mining sector.
The organising committee aims to provide an opportunity to present these developments so that the industry can benefit from this collective knowledge and will call on expertise from industry, academia, researchers and regulators to bring about the 12th in a series of ventilation conferences.
The conference seeks to bring together operators, planning personnel, equipment manufacturers and suppliers, government regulators, consultants and research and technology personnel from around the world, to explore achievements and build a better industry. Consistent with the aims of the AusIMM, the conference enables members and industry to keep abreast of views on various aspects of mine ventilation and provides a forum to showcase technical and factual information within the minerals industry.
Call for abstracts closing soon!
Share your solutions and challenges in mine ventilation engineering. Submissions close 24 September.
12 July 2021: Call for abstracts opens
24 September 2021: Abstract submission deadline
29 October 2021: Notification to Authors
7 January 2022: Draft paper submission
29 April 2022: Final paper submission
- Ventilation monitoring and control (air flow, air quality, etc) - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Coal seam gas, including gas draining, storage and utilisation - Coal
- Detection and control of spontaneous combustion - Coal, Metalliferous
- Gas outburst monitoring and controls - Coal
- Intelligent Automation and Control - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Diesel emissions control and measurement (DPM) - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Battery Electric Vehicle and Hydrogen Fuel Cells - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- GHG Mitigation Technologies in mining operation - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Energy Efficiency Opportunities in Mine Ventilation - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Main and booster fans - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunneling
- Auxiliary Fans - Coal, Metalliferious, Tunneling
- Seal-up management - Coal
- Prevention of gas ignitions and explosions – Coal, Metalliferous
- Sulphide dust explosions - Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Ventilation planning - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Numerical modelling and integration with planning and remote monitoring - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Heat and refrigeration - Coal, Metalliferous
- Ventilation case studies - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Power management and savings - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
Health and Safety
- Safe egress and entrapment (design, operation, regulatory trends, new technologies) – Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Understanding radiation – Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Mining regulations, including principal hazard management plans and Ventilation control plans – Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Occupational health (mine gases, mine dusts, radiation, heat stress) - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Education, training and statutory qualifications - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling
- Mine fires, sponcom and explosions (modelling, prevention, detection, suppression) - Coal, Metalliferous, Tunnelling