Women in Mining NSW – 2021 Mentoring Program
Women in Mining Network NSW is pleased to announce that their award winning mentoring program continues in 2021. Find out the benefits of being a Sponsor, Mentor or a Mentee!
Mentee Applications open on Monday, 11th January and close on Friday, 26th February 2021. (There will be no extensions to this deadline).
Launch date: Program will begin with a launch event in Sydney on the Friday, 28th May 2021 (Mentee and Mentor attendance is compulsory).
Program schedule: Mid program and close-out networking events will also be held on Tuesday, 3th August 2021 and 29th October 2021, respectively.
Cost: $1,000 (Plus GST)
We are excited to announce that there will be a number of fully-funded scholarship opportunities available!
The WIMnet NSW mentoring program welcomes mentees from all sectors and levels (professional as well as operator and trade) – whether you are early in your career, coming back from a career break or wanting to step up to a management or director role, this program is for you!
Benefits for Mentees include:
- Tackle the key issues affecting your career
- Support from more experienced individuals within the industry
- Individualised professional development advice
Enhanced networking opportunities
Benefits for Mentors include:
- Develop your role as a leader in the industry
- Consolidate your communication and interpersonal skills
- Strengthen your connections within the broader resources community
The Program is aimed at women working in the resources sector from those who have only a couple of years’ experience through to women with twenty or more years. It follows a structured, sustainable mentoring process that includes a comprehensive matching framework conducted by a Registered Psychologist.
Mentees (Women only):
- Currently working or previously worked in the mining industry;
- Willingness to commit to a minimum of 20 hours over the course of the five-month program; and
- A strong interest in developing your career in the mining industry.
Mentors (Men and Women):
- Excellent (>10 years) resources experience;
- Availability to provide professional support, career guidance and industry advice to a female mentee on a 3-4 weekly basis for the duration of the program (May to October 2021); and
- A fundamental value or desire to see women succeed in the resources sector.
Mentee application go live on 11th January 2021 via this link: mymetisphere.com/apply/wimnet-nsw-mentoring-program-2021
Expressions of interest are now sought from influential males and females from the industry to participate as Mentors.
For more information about becoming a Mentor, please contact Ali Burston, email@example.com
A special thank you to our valued 2021 sponsors already onboard for the program:
Silver Program Partners – Glencore, MACH Energy, Weir Minerals and Whitehaven Coal.
Silver – Evolution Mining, Port Waratah Coal Services and Yancoal.
Bronze – AMEC, EY, Hetherington Exploration & Mining Title Services, Idemitsu, McCullough Robertson and Metisphere.
Please feel free to forward this page to colleagues who may be interested in participating in the program which is open to all women working in the minerals and energy sectors in NSW.
The WIMnet NSW Committee looks forward to welcoming you into the 2021 WIMnet NSW Mentoring Program.