AusIMM Mining Society Third Year Mining Student Award
The AusIMM Mining Society (MinSoc) is a Community of Interest that represents the interests, education, training, and professional development needs of professionals practising or interested in mining engineering. MinSoc’s vision is to enhance the professionalism of the mining community, through facilitating opportunities for members to improve their knowledge, skills and leadership capabilities.
In 2023 MinSoc will be granting an Award to a student entering their third year of study in geology, mining or geotechnical engineering at an Australasian university. The value of the Award is $2,000. The Award will be paid directly to the university to contribute to the enrolment costs of third year mining subjects.
The Award will be based on a submitted vacation work report as assessed by a panel of MinSoc committee members. The written vacation work report will need to cover the following:
- What you learned technically
- What you learned about the Mining Industry
- How you see your future career, and
- What you learned about yourself whilst in the workforce
- What you think you contributed to your employer
Reports are to be no more than 3,000 words and are to be submitted by 30 April. The recipient of the Award will be announced by 30 June. To be eligible for this Award, applicants must be:
- an AusIMM Student Member;
- enrolled in geology, mining or geotechnical engineering at an Australian University; and
- entering their third year of study
Please include proof of eligibility with your submission. Applications need to be submitted via email and as a single pdf to email@example.com. It should be noted that late applications may not be considered.