WIMnet Victoria - 2023 Mentoring Program
The Women in Mining Network Victoria (WIMnet VIC) are pleased to announce that our mentoring program for 2023 is now open for mentee and mentor expressions of interest.
This program has been designed to provide mentees with a low-cost yet semi-structured opportunity to connect with more experienced individuals who are in a position to support them from a professional and personal development perspective.
Expressions of interest are now sought from both mentees and mentors.
The mentoring program is open to female mentees.
Mentors can be male or female and volunteer their time to participate in the program.
The program commences with an introductory session for mentees and mentors. Mid program, there is a leadership training day for the mentees, along with networking events.
The conclusion of the program is celebrated with a graduation and close-out evening.
- Tackles the key issues affecting her career
- Finds support from a more experienced individual working in industry
- Individualised professional development advice
- Enhanced networking opportunities
- CP hours applicable for mentoring sessions and leadership training sessions
- Develops his/her role as a leader in industry
- Consolidates his/her communication and interpersonal skills
- Strengthens connections within the broader mining and resources community
- CP hours applicable for mentoring sessions
Endorsements from program participants
I didn’t have a mentor throughout my career that had experienced the same situations I had (ie having children and working at a mine) and I thought it might help others if I could share my experience and advice. - Melanie McCarthy, 2018 and 2019 Mentor
I felt this program was the perfect opportunity for me to reconnect with the local community and industry, through a respected organisation that could grow my knowledge and skills, whilst also developing- the ever crucial, support network. - Giulia Savio, 2018 Mentee
Cost: $350 per mentee (Payment plans available, if needed)
Sign up here
Expressions of interest are open until Wednesday 19 April
Download the flyer here