Connecting mining professionals through a unique mentoring program
Are you looking for career guidance and direction? Would you like to develop goals with an experienced professional who has been where you are now? Or are you an industry leader looking to share your knowledge and help others by becoming a mentor?
As the peak body representing all professional backgrounds in the mining sector our mentoring program is thriving and impactful driving rich learning and development for both mentees and mentors. This online program connects experienced resources professionals with new talent via a digital tailored platform, providing accessibility and opportunity regardless of location encouraging a breath of diversity in participants.
Through a comprehensive matching process, this program supports professionals with career guidance and direction by sharing experiences, developing career goals and fostering mentoring relationships beyond the program’s duration. It is open to men and women living and working in Australasia.
Expressions of interest are now open for our 2023 Mentoring Program
Benefits to Mentees
- Receive career guidance and support from a sector leader for your professional growth
- Expand your network and make industry connections
- Learn and be supported by a mentor who is invested in your career
- Design and build career goals with an external confidante
- Be exposed to new ideas and ways of thinking developing your skills and knowledge
- Contact hours are valid (PD) accreditation
Benefits to Mentors
- Share your experience and industry knowledge to nurture the next generation of mining leaders
- ‘Give back’ to the resources industry
- Gain recognition as a subject matter expert and leader
- Be exposed to fresh perspectives, ideas and approaches
- Expand your own individual leadership and coaching style
- Contact hours are valid for (PD) accreditation
- 1 March 2022: Mentor and mentee registrations closed
- 30 March 2022: Program launched
- 7 December 2022: Program concludes
- Member: $1,000 (exc GST)
- Non-member: $1,500 (exc GST)
Mentor involvement is a voluntary commitment
Who can apply?
To join as a mentee, you must:
- Have a strong interest in developing your career
- Currently be working in the resources industry
- Formally reside in Australasia
To join as a mentor, you must:
- Have worked more than 10 years in the resources sector
- A desire to support career growth for the next generation of mining professionals
- Currently working in the resources industry or recently retired
- Formally reside in Australasia
Program participants will be required to attend program live webinars and complete the training provided
97% reported that they "have a good rapport with their mentoring partner”
82% of mentees are "ahead of schedule in achieving their goals in their relationship”
81% agreed that they have benefited from the online structure and online resources
Partnership mentoring opportunities
We invite companies to partner in this sought-after program which offers significant opportunities for men and women in various stages of their career.
Through a mentoring partnership, position your company as a champion of professional development and industry excellence and align your organisation with AusIMM as the trusted voice of the mining industry. Your commitment will enhance substantial professional opportunities and demonstrate a respect and responsibility for the future of the resources sector.