AusIMM International connects all mining industry professionals as part of our strong and expanding global community.
Our international communities offer the opportunity to discover local events, keep up to date with global news, find professional development opportunities and connect with members around the world.
Our global presence
The top 10 countries that our global community of international members reside in are: USA, Canada, Indonesia, China, United Kingdom, Ghana, Brazil, Chile, Peru and South Africa.
AusIMM’s International Strategy is owned by the AusIMM Board and guided by the International Advisory Forum (IAF). The IAF consists of mining and international business experts, well-versed in global trends and mining issues.
Our strategy aims to:
- Advance Australian mining best practice;
- Support our international members and communities; and
- Connect and engage with the global mining sector.
Key initiatives include:
- Development of online training and digital conferences to ensure accessibility for all members wherever they are situated in the world.
- Strategic partnerships with mining institutes in key regions around the world to deliver on-the-ground professional development.
- Active involvement in the Global Mineral Professionals Alliance (GMPA) to advance the pursuit and continuing development of best practice professionalism in the minerals industries around the world.
Get the latest news
Gain early access to events, free resources and the latest New Professionals Network News.
Meet our AusIMM International Representatives
As part of our commitment to better support our international membership, we have International Representatives in key locations around the world. Our AusIMM International Representatives engage with local members and lead the development of local networking and professional development events.
Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Our international partners
AusIMM has strategic alliances and partnerships with a range of like-minded organisations around the world, to support mining professionals and advance technical best practice in the global resources sector.