Call for abstracts
Call for abstracts
Abstract submissions are now closed
The International Mine Health & Safety Conference (previously the AusIMM MineSafe Conference) is a biennial gathering of industry professionals, researchers, policymakers, and stakeholders from around the world. It serves as a platform to discuss the latest developments, best practices, and innovative solutions in the field of mine health and safety.
With the objective of promoting a safe and healthy work environment in mining operations, this conference plays a vital role in shaping the industry's future.
The conference committee invited abstract submissions for presentation at the International Mine Health & Safety Conference, to be held at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre from 15 - 17 April, 2024.
Abstract submissions are now closed.
Accepted abstract authors will be required to submit an extended abstract or full paper, with revisions provided by peer review and the Conference Organising Committee.
All accepted extended abstracts and papers will be published in the conference proceedings and presented during the technical sessions. All presenting authors are required to register, pay and attend the conference. Presentations will be conducted in-person.
Please note, the conference will not be streamed live online; however, all presentations will be recorded for viewing post-conference.
Missed the opportunity to present at the International Mine Health & Safety Conference 2024?
Click to find out more about sponsorship and exhibition
Risk Management and Regulations
- Risk Management
- New Regulations for psychosocial risks
- Regulatory Approaches to Mining Health & Safety
- Injury Management
- Hazard Identification Methodology
Safety and Leadership
- Cultural Safety
- Organisational Strategy
- Leadership in Mining Safety
- Contractor Management
- Management of Change
- Communication Technology
- Emerging Technologies
- Occupational Health & Safety Technology
- The role of humans in highly automated systems
- Mine Safety Management Systems
- Fostering innovation in mining safety
- Applications of AI in health and safety
- Health and safety considerations associated with energy transitions
- Diesel Emission Disasters and Reduction
- Traffic management
- Silica and other dusts
- Toxic materials
Preventing unwanted events
- Case Studies on Mining Disasters
- Ground Control / Rock Mechanics Instrumentation for Early Warning Systems
- Occupational Health Hazards Underground
- Incident investigations
- Learning from incidents
- Intrinsically Safe Design
- New Approaches to Tracking Leading & Lagging Indicators
Health and Wellbeing
- Mental Health and Respect
- Personal Protective Equipment Innovations
- Psycho-Social Safety and Hazards
- Designing for diversity and inclusion
- Inclusive and diverse workplaces
Key dates for abstracts
Notification to authors: Monday, 30 October 2023
Draft extended abstract/paper due: Monday, 11 December 2023
Final extended abstract/paper due: Monday, 12 February 2024
Conference dates: 15 - 17 April 2024
AusIMM Guide to Authors
Abstract Submission FAQs
Where do I submit my abstract?
Submit your abstract via the Abstract Submission Portal. Instructions on how to submit your abstract can be found on the home page of the portal.
Do I need to use a template?
Yes – you will need to format your abstract using the abstract template. This can be found within the Abstract Submission Portal.
How long does the abstract review process take?
The abstract review process begins after the abstract submission deadline has passed. It usually takes around four weeks for the organising committee to review all submitted abstracts and reach a decision. This may take longer if the number of abstracts submitted exceeds expectations.
How will I know if my abstract has been accepted?
We will contact you via email regardless of the outcome.
I need to update my abstract. How do I do this?
Once you have submitted your abstract, you can update or change this at any time prior to the abstract closing date through the Abstract Submission Portal. Post the abstract closing date, please contact email@example.com