Member consultation on skills and training reform
AusIMM is committed to championing excellence in resources through lifelong learning, training and professional development.
In a rapidly developing industry, fostering skills development is critical to ensure resources workforce sustainability, create opportunities for people in resources, and enable the ongoing contributions we make to our economy and community.
The Australian Government is currently consulting on key reforms to the Australian skills system, including:
- strengthening the role of industry and employers
- improving Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications
- raising the quality of training
As part of this consultation, there are now several opportunities for AusIMM members to share their views on strengthening the Australian skills and training framework.
Your voice on skills and training for people in resources
The Australian Government have released a discussion paper on improving industry engagement and qualifications, which seeks feedback on:
- the role of industry in the skills and training system
- collaboration across industries
- whether qualifications within the current skills system are fit-for-purpose
We invite members to:
- review the discussion paper and provide your views to us
- participate in the surveys currently being undertaken by the Government as part of the skills reform consultation.
In doing so, you can contribute to AusIMM’ s ongoing engagement with all levels of government and play a part in our shared role as the Trusted Voice for people in resources.
We encourage members to forward their feedback on the discussion paper to the Policy team via firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website's feedback form by 12 February.