Essential skills for managing teams and engaging contractors, including the unique requirements for leading local, remote and international teams
|Duration||Delivery||Course Type||2024 IntakeS||PD Hours||Language|
Up to 20
Help your sites and your people reach peak performance with critical skills for enabling safe and collaborative behaviours. From selecting the right people for the right role to ensuring productive arrangements with contractors and helping your people return home safely each day, gain actionable insights into helping your team be their best every day.
Spanning 5 weeks, this online course has been designed to help established and emerging leaders harness knowledge and practical application to enable their teams to support critical business goals while empowering their own career journey.
Save 10% until 15 December 2023. Use early bird code EB10.
Earn digital credentials
Showcase your studies, validate your knowledge
Verify your new skills and knowledge with a digital badge that you can add to your LinkedIn profile, email signature, intranet, or any other online account.
Your badge links to a detailed outline of the course, showcasing and validating your new skills in a format that employers and colleagues can easily access and trust. You can also choose to download a personalised certificate.
- Examine ways to maximise the achievement of strategic goals through organisational design
- Develop strategies to engage new hires and motivate employee talent
- Identify contract engagement and execution practices that ensure successful contractor management
- Recognise and leverage opportunities associated with cultural differences
- Consider change and risk management strategies associated with setting up a remote operations centre
- Examine people-centric approaches to site safety culture and emergency preparedness
The five-week course is a collaborative, hands-on online learning experience, taking learners approximately 20 hours to complete. Please note the live sessions are not mandatory, the virtual classroom will be recorded and available on the same day for participants who are unable to attend the live event.
Course content includes:
- Weekly live virtual classroom (with replay available)
- Additional resources and readings (case studies, videos, articles)
- Workplace activities and peer discussions
- Group discussion forums
- Learning activities in the form of short test questions
Please note, live sessions are not mandatory; the virtual classroom sessions will be recorded and available for participants who are unable to attend live.
Who should attend?
Refresh your knowledge by exploring the latest approaches for improving performance of your team
Site Superintendents and aspiring site leaders
Gain the skills and knowledge to better support your team, and to help you step up to site management roles
Organisations as systems
- Correlate systems theory and how it fits into management
- Implement organisation design principles for mining operations
- Discuss ways to select talent during a recruitment process to attain business advantage.
- Construct job descriptions with job design principals in mind
- Examine the role of manager in enabling performance
- Explain the principles of tendering and estimation
- Explore a contract negotiations framework
- List the components of a contract
- Describe the role of contract(or) management systems
- Explore opportunities associated with collaborating with suppliers and consultants
- Investigate what most often leads to disputes between client and contractor
Managing overseas and remote projects
- Recognise opportunities associated with cultural differences
- Identify enablers and barriers to remote work
- Identify roles in which technology can be an enabler of remote projects
- Enabling communication within remote teams
- Recognise the additional risks of managing overseas projects
Safety and crisis management
- Explain the role of the manager in upholding legislative requirements
- Analyse the safety statistics on your site
- Scrutinise the maturity of your organisation’s safety culture
- Examine the human and organisational factors that can affect safety, and your role in communicating these positive human behaviours
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a site response framework
All programs have been developed in consultation with leading organisations in the mining industry, subject matter experts and community leaders to ensure you gain the latest knowledge and develop relevant skills to accelerate your career.
Her technical and operational background makes her incredibly qualified to project manage innovative mine solutions in both site based and in consultative roles.
She has leveraged these skills into project management and leadership roles with a focus on adding value, ensuring safe sustainable cash flow and growth through technical influence and strong relationships.