Be Recognised for your Innovative Ideas and Expertise
Be recognised for your innovative ideas and expertise and join the esteemed Authors who have been acknowledged for their award-winning presentations at AusIMM conferences.
AusIMM host several technical conferences yearly. Our conferences are uniquely for-industry, by-industry, and to curate an innovative conference program, we call from industry to submit relevant and original abstracts.
By submitting an abstract you have the chance to not only present at an AusIMM conference and be recognised as a leader in your field, but also get the chance to be awarded Best Paper or Best Presentation; expanding your opportunities to garner exposure or strengthen funding possibilities.
We are currently accepting abstracts for International Mine Health & Safety Conference 2024, MOLTEN 2024, and International Future Mining Conference 2024.
View our award-winning Authors from the past year:
Best Extended Abstract at the Iron Ore Conference 2023
- Awarded to Dr Niloofar Karimian, Postdoctoral Research Fellow CSIRO: 'Phosphorus association with goethite: Effects of Fe(Il)-catalysed recrystallisation'
Best Extended Abstract at the Life of Mine Conference 2023
- Awarded to Philip Bangerter, FAusIMM , Independent Consultant in Sustainability and the Circular Economy: 'Dynamic Influences of Optimisation on Emissions'
Best Paper at the Mine Waste and Tailings Conference 2023
- Awarded to Ignacio Vernengo, Senior Consultant (Geotechnical Engineer), SRK Consulting for presentation: 'Application of Bayesian Methods to the Estimation of Shear Strength Parameters for Slope Stability Analysis of a TSF'
Best Paper at the Mineral Resources Estimation Conference 2023
- Awarded to Johnathan Moore, Group Manager Resource Development, Oceanagold for presentation: 'Schrodinger’s Kittens: Lifting the Lid on Resource Drill Hole Data after Mining'
Best Paper at the Underground Operators Conference 2023
- Awarded to Andrew Clarkson, Senior Project Geotechnical Engineer, South32: 'Challenges and Solutions for Deformation Management of Cannington’s Hoisting Shaft'
Best Paper at the AusRock Conference 2022
- Awarded to Matthew Woods, MAusIMM, Superintendent Geotechnical Engineering, Newcrest Mining Limited: 'Measuring the Influence of a Sublevel Cave on Open Stoping at Telfer'
Most Innovative Paper at the Open Pit Conference 2022
- Awarded to Dr Penny Steward, Chief Executive Officer, Petra Data Science: 'The Application of Digital Twin Machine Learning Models for Mine-to-mill, and Pit-to-Plant Optimisation'
Best Technical Paper at the Open Pit Conference 2022
- Awarded to Sanjive Narendranathan, MAusIMM(CP), Technical Director, GHD Australia: 'Dredger Drop Impact on Slope Stability – Hazelwood Mine'
Best Presentation at the Iron Ore Conference 2023
- Awarded to Alexandra Tolley, Student, University of Queensland: 'Red mud to green iron: a proposed pathway for iron elution via bioleaching of bauxite residue'
Best Presentation at the Life of Mine Conference 2023
- Awarded to Amanda Forbes, MAusIMM(CP), Principal Mining Consultant, Deswik: 'Whole of Mine Planning - Evolution Mount Rawdon case study'
Best Presentation at the Mineral Resources Estimation Conference 2023
- Awarded to Ilnur Minniakhmetov, MAusIMM, Principal Geoscientist Data & Numeric Modelling, BHP: 'SBRE Framework: Application to Olympic Dam deposit'
Best Presentation at the Underground Operators Conference 2023
- Awarded to Ben Small, Technical Services Superintendent, Glencore: 'Reverse Stoping Using Wireless Initiation at CSA Mine'
Best Presentation from an Early Career Professional at the AusRock Conference 2022
- Awarded to Honghao Chen, Postdoctoral Fellow, UNSW Sydney: 'Study of Prevention Methods for Stress Corrosion Cracking in Underground Coal Mines'
AusIMM is currently welcoming abstract submissions for our upcoming 2024 Conferences. Explore the conference themes for available abstracts to identify the topics that align most closely with your interests.
- International Mine Health & Safety Conference 2024 - Submit abstract by 2 October 2023
- MOLTEN 2024 - Submit abstract by 16 October 2023
- International Future Mining Conference 2024 - Submit abstract by 13 November 2023