Recognising global leaders
AusIMM Fellow members are global leaders in the resources sector, distinguished for their continuous contribution to industry along with their leadership, expertise, and internationally renowned achievements.
Join or upgrade to the highest level of AusIMM membership to be recognised as a global industry leader, to show your ongoing commitment to upholding professional standards and support through knowledge exchange and mentoring to the next generation of mining professionals.
How can AusIMM assist Fellow members?
Gain global recognition for your involvement in the resources industry, connect with a network of like minded individuals and access world-class content to stay abreast of the latest industry advances.
Your Fellow credential
Showcase your leadership in the industry with your AusIMM Fellow postnominal.
Community of Interest groups
Lead an AusIMM branch, society, or network, attend local and global events to connect and share knowledge with peers and industry professionals.
Chartered Professional program
Maintain a competitive advantage by being recognised for your professional acumen and extensive experience as an accredited Chartered Professional.
Become a mentor to positively influence the career paths of young professionals.
Attend AusIMM technical conferences, leadership events or mining courses to stay abreast of the latest industry knowledge.
Present a technical paper
Write and present your own paper at an AusIMM conference or submit a general interest article online to share knowledge with others.
Policy and advocacy
Get involved in policy and advocacy with the AusIMM to advance the sector.
OneMine digital library
Discover a wealth of technical documents, conference papers, articles, pre-prints and late papers from industry experts, all at your fingertips.
How do I apply to be an AusIMM Fellow?
- Provide a certified copy of your tertiary degree in English
- Provide a copy of your resume or LinkedIn profile URL showing at least ten years’ experience in the resources sector
- A completed summary and statement of senior experience
- The support of three AusIMM Fellows or Members (two of whom must be current Fellow Members)
- Provide a copy of photo identification
- Complete the application form
Who can apply?
- Professionals with a degree qualification and at least ten years’ experience in the resources sector, at least five years of which have been at senior management or executive level; OR
- Have held a position of senior responsibility for a period of at least 15 years and during which have achieved distinction through personal contribution to science or industry.
How much is an annual membership?
- $569.80 12 month membership (incl GST)
- $66.00 application fee (one-off when joining, incl GST)
Find out more about our membership grades and benefits.
Through AusIMM, I have ongoing opportunities to network with other professionals and consultants, continued professional development through their quality conferences and access to the vast OneMine library which is an outstanding resource.
Summary and statement of senior experience
Download and complete the form to submit within your Fellow membership application
Not sure if AusIMM Fellow grade membership is right for you?
Let us help take the guesswork out of it. Take our questionnaire to determine which membership grade is right for you.